It seems I have failed to take some photos again today. However, I have been thinking that the photos are all obviously visual images of Chulucanas. So as I do not have a photo I thought that today I might try to give you a description of the noises of Chulucanas, an audio image rather than a visual one.
- rooster’s crowing in the neighbour’s yard
- spanish pop blaring from the moto taxis that pass by
- rain on tin roofs
- church bells ringing twice daily
- children playing in the street
- vendors screaming the name of their product, “tamales, yukas, pan”
- horns beeping – as there are no give way signs this is how people let you know they’re coming
- men whistling at women
- clicking of horses or donkeys pulling wagon
It really is a rather noisy place.